In the midst of the uncertainty and trying times we face, it is important to make sure that you are covered for every eventuality. As your financial adviser who takes care of your Life Insurance and/or Investment portfolio, you have entrusted me with making sure that your family’s financial and emotional needs are catered for in the event that you pass on.
A will forms a vital part of the process in estate planning and is one of the most important documents in a deceased estate. Since you have entrusted us with making sure that your estate is covered, I would not be honouring our agreement if we didn’t ensure that this important document is up to date.
Five reasons why you need a will:
- To appoint a guardian for minor children in the event that both parents pass on at the same time.
- To set up a trust to look after assets for minor children who benefit from the estate.
- To ensure the correct assets are bequeathed, or left, to the correct people. This means that you control the distribution of your estate. Without a will, you die intestate and the Intestate Succession Act will decide who gets what.
- To ensure debt or liabilities and business interests are correctly handled.
- To appoint an executor of your choice and potentially negotiate executor’s fees.
It is essential that if you have a trust, your beneficiaries are covered in your will. Furthermore, we work in partnership with trusted partners who can help you to draft a will.
We would like to take the time to check in with you. If you are interested, please let us know so we can get the ball rolling.
We look forward to being of assistance.
Wishing you financial wellness,
Stuart and Jonathan